View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 10:27 PM   #19
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: New blazer owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtscoots View Post
I think your absolutely correct on it having a single wall top from factory judging by the bolt holes drilled in the bedside lol I think it’s been drilled for both and possibly just funzies. My top isn’t the best I have a decent shop it might end up topless for good. But I’m in Oregon maybe a soft top. It seems the more I tear into it the more a perfect restored hot rod becomes hopes and dreams. My parts list is increasing exponentially, and it is very difficult to try and prioritize or even come up with a solid game plan of where to take this rig. Right now make it run drive and go be street legal and we will go from there.
Sounds good.
Beware ''Mission Creep.'' Projects can snowball, if you don't put your foot down.
Whatever you do, don't drive with the back hatch up. That's how I smashed up my OEM hatch. It worked perfectly. Then I was out at a friend's ranch, and tried reversing back in thru his cattlegate. Forgot about the top crosswire. CRUNCH.
$500 to Brothers for a new top hatch and a roadtrip to San Francisco to get another $100 worth of inside hatch parts. [Mine blew all over the desert.]
And now, I have to hold my mouth just right to get it to close.
I would probably stick with the factory top if I lived in rain country.
But I have seen nice bikini tops that work with the rollbar -- usually custom-made by a boat top guy. Not cheap, though.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote