View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 12:22 PM   #4
Flat Bar

Re: 67 C20 front disc brake/power steering coversion

Hey thanks for the replies. I fully agree that changing the cross member would be the best way to do it. However I am an old guy with over 50 years of work experience/ownership of these trucks and that would take me years to complete. I am working outside with floor jacks. I want to drive the truck this summer and need to do parts exchange that doesn't involve that level of work. I would hire it done but I can't find anyone that does that type of work in my area. If someone on here is in the Dayton Ohio area that would like some work, I can trailer both trucks to you.
So assuming I will be doing this, what is the easiest/quickest path to exchanging parts?

This will be my son's truck in a few years and I don't want to do it poorly. He wants the truck as it looks exactly like his grandfather's 68 C20 which is sitting in the barn with the 72. I drove the 68 for over 40 years in Ohio (every winter, every snow storm) and it is rusted beyond restoring. The 67 is a rustfree California truck. I liked it when I told him we would get the a/c working in the 67 and he replied that grandpa's truck didn't have a/c so he didn't want it in the 67. He is 11 and doesn't know how hot vinyl seats are in the summer time.
Flat Bar is offline   Reply With Quote