View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 07:40 AM   #183
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Looking good, coming along great. Nice to see you repairing stuff instead of bolting on aftermarket. A little more tedious for sure, but way more fulfilling when you can say Yep I did that ... and that, and that and that lol.

Ive never owned a 69-72 Blazer. At the end of this month Ill be going in to full retirement mode, so at the prices even the junkiest Blazers are going for they are out my budget probably forever.
Mark
with the price these things are selling for it would have been money ahead to just replace with aftermarket. Since I have no intention of selling an I already had the rear floor I figured I might as well use it. I did buy the new front pan though just so i did not have to mess with all the front support repairs. I am glad I bought both of my Blazers before the prices skyrocketed. I could sell the extreme bend hooks off the front of one for more than I paid for the whole rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Nice work on the lines, l like the way you painted the clips factory color, it's all about the detail in restorations.
I wasn't able to find that rear junction in OEM, went with a SS aftermarket, but can't remember where, my camera is down at the moment, but when it's working I'll take a picture. The length looks right for travel, BTW mine bolted right up
Keep going every thing looks great, are you using SS hardware?
Thanks for showing the rear-end vent wasn't sure where that bolted to.

Jim,
I definitely won't be 100% correct on the restore but trying to keep as close to original as possible. The rear hose that is on it now is almost twice as long as the original. I am using stainless hardware on everything I can. Most all of the bracketry got the black phosphate grade 8 hardware

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote