View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 07:47 PM   #184
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Got the front hubs, backing plates and inner fender wells blasted, epoxy primed and in chassis satin black yesterday while it was nice out. Got the new rotors and hubs together with all new studs pressed in today and got the drivers side most of the way back together. Having an issue getting the lockout to work correctly. It is like the spring does not want to keep tension for some reason. Took it back off for tonight. Going to try the passenger side in the morning before I go back to this one to see if it does right or if I am doing something wrong. FedEx has delivered my pinion nuts to someone else so not sure if I am going to go ahead and put the old one back on the 12 bolt or not. I decided against doing anything to the dana since it was not leaking.

Still waiting on the correct fuel line for fuel pump to carb, I ordered the wrong one the 1st time.

I also have a pile of 2.5" stainless pipe and fittings sitting here to get the exhaust going I want to get it at least to the rear axle before getting the body back on the chassis. I know how I want my exit pipes to be but need the body back on to see if feasible to do it. I do know they will not be going straight out the back. That is how the other Blazer I have is and the fumes would kill you driving down the road in it. I like the look of the old Nova's and Chevelle's where it exits behind the rear wheel but is tucked and pointing down kinda like this.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote