Thread: Blazer prices
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 07:23 PM   #6
scott123

Re: Blazer prices

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...86#post8949886

Every old ride comes with a story. This is a 72 with a 68 front clip. My buddy called and said his buddy had a 72 for sale and wanted to know if I wanted to check it out. He said the price was awesome. He told me $5000 (it was 2018) so I was expecting a rolling pile of ****. When the guy's son opened the garage door I told my buddy I had just seen this Blazer on Craigslist for $10K.

He called and his buddy explained that was the price between them as he used his shop and lift regularly.

I told him I completely understood because I thought it was more than $10K in front of me. He told me if I had $5K when he got home from work it was a one day/one time offer. I called my wife and told her to go to the bank, rob it if she had to, but have $5K when I got there.

This truck has new rockers and boxes, great metal patch work in the floors, a bit of patch work in the bed. The only real metal work left was grinding some crappy welds on the kick panels. He made it a point to say that was there before he started but had not got that far. LOL

Within a week of owning it I was offered $14K and then $16K. I just do not think I can replace it for that, not even close.

The chassis is stripped and painted. The sheet metal work is all done. The transmission and transfer case stripped, taken apart, painted and put back together. New brakes and bearings on both axles. The engine may be its weakest link as it is a 350 crate motor from Advance Auto parts. He swapped out the cam and lifters, added a RPM intake and a 650 Holley.

It drives good and rides good. It took me three years or so to stop driving it long enough to get it ready to paint. It is that much fun.

Babbling, my apologies, but the paint research flashed me back to when buying a Blazer project felt much more normal.

If it were not for the deal I stumbled upon I would be Blazer-less based on the market.

Scott
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote