View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 08:20 AM   #493
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Station Wagons

I always liked station wagons going back to my childhood. Kids love riding all the way back and it was cool that all the kids could come along. Then came the surf wagon thing, mostly woodies, and the draggin' wagons. I wanted to do a GTO station wagon, like you see people do lately, before I was old enough to drive. Suburbans are station wagons and I always thought those were so cool, along with IH Travelalls. When I learned those could be 4wd, that was it, the ultimate surfer rig. My surfing days were all about running to Cape Hatteras, NC. Used to head down for weekends and back to school on Monday. It's a National Seashore where surf casting is a big deal. Vehicles are permitted to drive on the beach and the surf fishers had some awesome rigs. I remember one surfer rig that stood out, a faded (salt air) mid-60s Travelall 4wd with wide tires on wide black steelies with burlap curtains. I still want that truck! The best I could so was a '66 VW Bus. Those are station wagons as well. I need a printer. I tried taking pictures of some prints. No good

Did I show this creation yet?
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote