View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 04:03 PM   #9
DieselDog1

Re: Switching from tubed to tubeless tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDarby View Post
Hello and Welcome,

I too am new to this group and wanted to tell you I have 55 1st series GMC 100 5 window short bed custom cab that could be the twin of yours!

Don't see many of these, yours looks GREAT!!!

Mine is a Texas truck and in solid shape currently in the begining stages of a RestoMod build.

What motor is in your truck and is it a hydromatic?

Jeff
Thanks Jeff; This truck was originally purchased directly from the Pontiac truck plant in Michigan. The owner than brought the truck to northern commiefornia and it spent it's time between Redding, Chico, Oroville and Paradise.

The original owner then became my Dad's best hunting and fishing buddy and I starting riding in it when I was about 6 years old.

Unfortunately, the original owner passed away in 1984 and his widow gave his truck to my Dad and he had it until he died in 2014, so it was then passed on to me.

So needless to say, this vehicle has a lot of meaning to me and history. This is why I want to keep it just like it is-only updating it to make the truck safe and reliable to drive.

The truck has a 4 speed (granny first) transmission, the original 248 6 cylinder and oil bath air-cleaner, and still on 6 volt.

Top speed is 55 because it's so low geared.

I'll send some more picts of these features
Attached Images

Last edited by DieselDog1; 05-15-2022 at 03:04 PM.
DieselDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote