View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 03:56 PM   #136
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

I like that idea, I might go with some spacers for the shift body.
I mounted the fuse panel to check for fit, pulled it back out and removed several wires that were going to the convenience center. I wired in the DRAC, and then mounted the fuse panel again. Look at all those wires! I’ll take my time with that rats nest. I started to rebuild the heater. I had opened it up 20 years ago to put in a 12 volt motor, and again about 5 years ago to have the core repaired. This time was a full teardown for repaint. I’m still looking for some Hammered Bronze. I did get a can of Hammered Dark Bronze from the first store I checked, they had one can. I’ve been to two more stores that had shelf tags, but no cans.
I installed the transfer case shifter and cut the floor cover, now where did I put the wireing for that?
The cowl vent hinge is repaired and now I need the bolts to put that together. The windshield wiper mechanism is missing an E-clip, the one I got is too big. I did get the correct screws for the defroster ducts, installed the driver side. I’ll put in the wiper mechanism before installing the passenger side defroster duct.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote