View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:48 PM   #538
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Sideways Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
The body shop that painted my replacement door and fender did a color match. The owner of the shop said paint absorbs ash out of the air over the years, so it gets darker. I agree with his assessment because the paint that is hiding underneath trim is significantly lighter and is a pretty close match to this stuff that I have bought a couple of times in a spray can to paint small spots like the angled bed strips.

https://everestautomotivemarket.com/...ion_id=1158780

The body shop didn't end up with a code they could share with me because they tweaked the color manually.
Well Orange Sunshine is sort of a spotted dog right now: Driver's Side Front Fender is half in primer. Fifty-plus years of ''Arizona Pinstripes'' -- faint long streaks from cruising the brush country and getting scratched by cacti, mesquite, and whatever other defensive vegetation has contrived to survive this harsh environment. Passenger Side Front Fender is 2-toned copper/white/copper off a 71/72 GMC. Rocker panels are shot. And of course my Orange Crushed right rear Fender.

Although I was proud of still having the Original Paint -- how much of it is still left?

The Parthenon wasn't built square. Because of its scale, it was built by eye.
Had it been built square the ends would be seen tapering off.
Attached Images

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 05-22-2022 at 12:05 AM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote