View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 11:42 AM   #14
Phillip Owings

Re: New blazer body..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
I think you missed my point.
I'm all for someone buying one of these aftermarket bodies to fix their Blazer. What I don't want to see is 20 Blazers at a car show for example when there's usually only one.

Take SEMA for example;
I own a fab shop specializing in mainly one-off racing components, so I attend SEMA regularly. In the past, you'd be lucky to see one or two Broncos on display, and I would always stop and check them out because it's not very often i get to see one up close.
The last SEMA I went to was in 2018, there must have been 50-60 of them there, and I'm sure most of them didn't even have one Ford part in it. Sure they "looked" like Broncos, but that was about it.
They became so abundant that I didn't even bother looking at most.
Now that we can travel again, I will be attending SEMA again this year, and I sure hope I don't see 50 fake Blazers there.
To me its not so much about fake blazers as is the individual dream in owning one and making it a daily driver. just enjoying it. I believe people will somehow adjust to it. I my self would love to take one just frame and body and make one like ford did with their electric crate motor as a daily driver.

https://youtu.be/IJQZzg6rWyo
Phillip Owings is offline   Reply With Quote