Thread: 47-55.1 1953 3100 "Honey-do"
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 04:33 PM   #150
rnrdthefox

Re: 1953 3100 "Honey-do"

Over the long weekend, I continued my bodywork and epoxy tasks. After much thought, I took the advice of e015475 and removed the rivets and brace from the rear fenders. I hated to have to rework the one fender that was body worked, but did it anyway. It wasn't that much more work, I just hate taking steps backward.

Also, took his advice and bought the suggested guide coat. I was always planning on using guide coat when I went to high-build but it seemed to make sense to do it now and save some work later. I spent some time on the fender that I reworked, and indeed I did find some low spots. I left a couple of the low spots to get a feel for the high-build poly and see what it does. I think it will fill them in, but we shall see.

I disassembled the bed, prepped it for epoxy. While doing this, the subliminal suggestion from e015475 about filling in the spot welds kept creeping into my thoughts. I finally caved and spent the time (a lot of time for ~ 250 spotwelds) grinding and filling in the spot welds. In the end, I know I will have a nicer product. But, in the middle of it, I was a little grumpy.

I've basically got the doors, bed, fenders, tubs, and rear bumper ready for high build. I'm waiting on a larger spray nozzle kit to come in that will spray the high-build. Hopefully, the next update will have all of that done and ready for blocking. Anyway, here are a few picks.
Attached Images

rnrdthefox is offline   Reply With Quote