View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 01:25 AM   #231
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDM View Post
I like the 4x4 but my eventual plan iscto 2wd swap and lower mine so I am likely going to pick up a 2wd l96 and 6l90e. I would run the same 4x4 front axle at the same height that it is now but with no driveshaft. Once I am ready, I would likely do the swap with coilovers and porterbuilt, roadstershop or detroitspeed components.

I am not really opposed to keeping 4x4 but being honest with myself, I am building this as a daily driver and the truck rides pretty crappy. I am getting older and this suspension will get old pretty fast. I do like the height as is but my true dream was to have a low and fast hotrod. Had it been possible to keep 4x4 and lower it too, I thought it would have been cool to run it in a simialr fashion as my old SRT jeep. Kind of an AWD high power road eater! Since that is not possible, 2WD road eater it shal be.
AWD would be unique. While it would take some work. Using the engine trans and t-case from a later model AWD Escalade might be a path. An earlier Ford Dana 44 straight axle would have the diff on the correct side. Or swap the independent front suspension from the Escalade over as well. Lots of fab work, but that is what makes it fun.
Sorry for the lack of updates. Hope to get going on the truck again next week. Been working a lot to get the big Chevy out of the shop.
I did get my radiator hoses sorted for now. Used two upper hoses and one lower from the 2013 ZL1 motor came from. Some cutting, couplers and shrink hose clamps made them fit.
Attached Images

Last edited by Richard; 06-15-2022 at 01:51 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote