View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:52 AM   #5
jumpsoffrock

Re: Fenders media blasted. What next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
As simple as it seems you are on the right path hammer the highs flip it do it again flip it do it again with less force each time cause you will move a bunch of metal too quick if you hit with lets say over excitement. weld up the holes if you can grind that back down.
Now here is we have a couple of camps, and neither is wrong both are right. You could grind with a fiber disc and wipe with filler[ I use rage gold but it lists now for $224 a gal.] My cost was $112 but last I got before that was $56 so every thing cost more. smooth the filler I use 80, 180 then epoxy prime. OR, you can prime then wipe your filler both may require a couple extra coats of epoxy once done because of sanding around the filler will expose metal again but no biggie.
Some of the best stuff I use to improve body work, a good block and a paint stick broken down short to wrap sandpaper on it that little stick can be a really good friend getting your filler right. Then after it is right you go on with the high build primer I use Omni[PPG] high build 282. Couple three coats of that and your dent will be fixed and a distant memory. this is not called body fun it is called body work for a reason. It is labor intensive and very time consuming. The more you do the better you will be. I have been building truck over 30 plus years and very little makes me nervous about working on anything. Good luck if I can help holler at me. Jim
The funny thing about doing my own body work is that you'd think DIY is a lot of work, and saves money; but it's not like the products and tools are cheap!

DIY body work is still very expensive, and being as much of a novice as I am, it's very easy to screw up and waste $20 of body filler, $10 of sanding disks, A few bucks in primer, hours of your time, electricity to run the air compressor/tools/lights, cleaning agents for your equipment.

Lord almighty no wonder why so many people say no to body work.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote