View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #24
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Again quite a bit of time has passed since the last update. This spring has been very busy. And the events bittersweet. We had a death in the family that brings with it much sorrow and heartache, and then we had the wedding of my youngest son, and new daughter in law, and the joy that this union brings .

Back to the C10.
Many weeks back I ordered the drive shaft from Silver Sport Transmission, it came within a week’s time. I guess silver sport doesn’t do their own, because the shaft was drop shipped from Dynotech Driveshafts. Either way, the length is correct, and the quality seems very good. I did upgrade the yolks to 1350 which added another $100 to the cost.
By now I was getting close enough to firing the engine, but it had been sitting fo over a year, so I also wanted to prime the oil galleries. I made a simple setup from a garden sprayer, and a couple of fittings, 1 from ICT that I already had on hand, the other is a brass hose barb from the hardware store. I removed the oil gallery plug on the front of the engine, and screwed the fitting in place. The garden sprayer produced plenty of pressure to prime the engine, enough that it even showed on the gauge in the dashboard. I pumped in approximately 4 quarts, making sure to stop before the tank was empty, so I wouldn’t push air in.
Worked great. And I had a little peace of mind, knowing I had full oil pressure…..

More in a bit.
Attached Images