View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 10:55 AM   #23
68Gold/white

Re: Someone has been hiding this one . 35,196 miles

Tim, I wonder about the mileage, also. The end of the seat that is exposed looks like the same color as the door panel ( saddle, maybe?). It seemed to me that I’ve never seen a seat in ANY GM car or pickup from the 60’s in original daily use condition that lasted very long, the material wore out and then you were sitting on foam or stuffing, then shortly after the springs.
My guess is the seat got re- done, and they made the door panels match. Very few people ( maybe pre 2000) knew the significance of a “Golden Anniversary” Chevy pickup
AND who would have been crazy enough to use white material? White is hard to keep clean,and would see to most to be the last color chosen to re-do a pickup seat in.

I’ve read here that the stock Golden interior colors were either white or black. Someone posted a couple of pics of a black accented interior, those are not likely common.

Someone has performed properly kept this pickup in good shape! I not crazy about the rally wheels, but they are likely what will be on mine when that day comes. The stock 5-1/2 wide wheels don’t cut it for me.

Dave,
I have zero knowledge of this he roof design for the roof lights. They were listed on the glove box decal, so who knows, unless the roof was re-done.

I still wish there was a seperate catagory for Goldens!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote