View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 11:43 AM   #26
68Gold/white

Re: Someone has been hiding this one . 35,196 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
My opinion is, it has to have been rolled over mileage. I have a truck that showed 45000 or so, on the odometer, that was in very similar condition, except for the new paint. Rubber floor mat was still pristine and underhood condition was much the same. Also a 1968. The bench was in great shape except for the seam on the drivers side. Without the shiny new paint it was obvious that 45000 was not original.

25 years ago when these trucks were 25 years old, it was super rare to find one that hadn't been rolled over mileage and many of them looked this good, without the shiny paint.
I bought my Golden in 1980....the rockers were already completely trashed, the seat was junk. THe pickup had been used up. I can't remember my mileage at the moment, but it was obviously rolled over.....

I visited a guy selling Chevrolet pickup parts out of a bay in a warehouse, in Oklahoma CIty. I believe his name was Steve Davis. THis was likely late 80's. I had zero $$$ to soend, just went to visit to see what he offered. I told him about my pickup, being gold and such. He told me about it being a Golden anniversary edition. He said that with the options mine had, it was not terribly common. I carried the info in my mind away from this vist, wasn't a whole lot, but!
Becoming a member here I find out that the Gold color was something the Chevrolet did to lure customers to the showrooms. You could get a gold pickup in any choice of engines or options. I wonder what the percentage of 68's were gold???
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote