View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 11:03 PM   #7
70cst

Re: Moog pitman arm - best place to purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
In the past few years I have seen at least a couple threads on the forum stating that folks had purchased Moog suspension parts due to their reputation and being made in America only to find that their Moog parts were made overseas.

Here's a post on the web about "Where are Moog Parts Made?" https://www.suspension.com/blog/wher...og-parts-made/

One guy in the comments section of the article has the same feelings as most of us here on the forum and the author of the article, Drew Taylor, responds. The article is from 2015 so I wouldn't be surprised if even fewer Moog parts are made stateside.

Comment: "can’t believe that that Moog builds parts in 16 different countries. I have a 67 Mustang and I want US manufactured parts for it. I feel that us built parts are far superior to parts made overseas."

Response:
Drew Taylor
August 7, 2015 at 3:15 pm

"We had a hard time believing it too. At first. It’s pretty hard not to believe it when you have the Moog boxes staring at you claiming so. Edwin, you aren’t alone in that sentiment. Many people feel the same way about US built parts. And while I won’t argue in either direction, it’s very clear that Moog is now a global brand and the days of USA made only Moog parts are long past. Let’s just hope the same quality that made Moog the “go to” part in OEM replacement doesn’t suffer."

Thanks

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is online now   Reply With Quote