View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

The Green Wrecker

I want to tell this story about a truck. My friend's dad opened up a repair shop when he got back from Vietnam. He bought a new C/30 tow truck and used it for years. At some point he replaced that truck with a newer Chevy tow truck. He sold it to a local body shop. So they still got to see it there. But one day it was gone.

In the last few years, my friend responded to a Craigslist ad for some S10 parts he needed. When he got to the seller's location it was at an old junk yard. The owner had passed away, the son had no interest, and he was dragging a few vehicles out at a time and parting them out, such as this S10.

My friend was scanning across the sea of vehicles and he spots a dirty 67-72 tow truck that he thought could be the same color the truck had been painted. The guy let him climb his way back to it and there it was, his dad's old wrecker!! He told the guy he had to have that truck when he got to where it could be removed. That day came, he dragged it home, then let his dad know about it and here it sits waiting it's turn
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote