View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 07:41 PM   #23
Boog
laying low

Re: What have you done to your truck this week.

Another repair on the '03 Tahoe. As is often the case older model, high mileage vehicles require frequent attention. Our last expensive repair was the engine oil leaks and a/c leak.
Well after that repair we had the truck detailed real well and handed it over to one of the kids. It's been just over a month now and here we are again.
Kid came in early saturday morning for the day and upon pulling out of our driveway late that afternoon, I heard a high pressure spraying sound and saw a fog of something coming out from under the truck, twice. I buzzed him up and told him to come on back and let's check it out. Nothing dripping and no more noise while running. Up on ramps and only saw a green liquid had sprayed on the frame and right front tire. It wasn't engine coolant. It was R-134 refrigerant and this is no time to be without A/C. I determined it was not a hose but definitely coming from the compressor. So I sent him on home in my 06 GMC and I got up early Sunday morning and got after it. I had the old one off, ran into town for a new one and back home to swap them out and got it done in right at 5 hours. I don't figure that was too bad for my first time replacing one on these LS type engines. We met half way and swapped out that afternoon. I don't care to do another one however.
The leak was apparently coming from a blow off valve located on the engine side of the compressor. It can't be seen while on the engine. So it got a new valve with compressor. All good again.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote