View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 02:35 AM   #14
dagnabbitt

Re: 1967 GMC K20 " The Kodiak"

The truck is extremely interesting, and yeah, I enjoy it when people react to a truck I own, I can't help it.

Wherever I filled up or stopped for supplies, people would come up and ask me about it, what my plans were for it, etc. Mostly people thought it was a "mud bogger" and that I was trailering it to some mud hole. With the hood on, no one need know that the engine was mostly not there and that it's mud bogging days were either far in the past, or far in the future.

I took it to my dad's cabin which was close by, and proceeded to clean it up. I filled at least three trash cans with garbage, detritus, dirt, and god knows what. It actually involved a spade, and a lot of shoveling. In the process I discovered something I would have never in a million years expected to find in a truck so neglected: the original Protect-O-Plate and bill of sale.

Those knowledgeable about Alberta geography will know that this truck seems to have existed for 55 years in only a 20 mile radius. I am researching the original owner and it looks like the family is still around. The dealership still exists but has moved a few miles down the road. How this truck came into the possession of Kodiak Oilfield I do not know yet but I will ask.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; 07-15-2022 at 02:44 AM.
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote