View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 11:39 PM   #13
schovil69

Re: 'Ole Green' - 1970 Chevy C10 Engine Rebuild

Another day of productivity. My step son was a huge help today. He climbed under the pickup and replace the rear shocks. He spent a lot of time under there. They were a pain and frustrated him but he took his breath in, studied the problem, then hollered for help. lol. He stuck it out and did the work and I'm glad for it. Then, while changing a headlight he pulled the ground wire out of the terminal of the brand new AAW wire harness. I was surprised this occurred but was able to remove the terminal from the connector and solder the wire to it and reinstall it in the connector. Whew...wasn't sure I would be able to save it. So, then I sent him back under the pickup to get started on changing out the transmission filter and pan gasket. He removed the tranny mount bolts and one side of the cross member bolts when dinner arrived and we called it a day.

Meanwhile, I was working on top. I had soldered in some larger terminal connectors for the starter wires the last time I worked on this only to discover today I had a major lapse in judgement last time and had to redo this with smaller terminals. So, I was finally able to connect the starter wire. Do both wires attach to the small terminal of a PowerMaster starter or just one of them?

On the other side of the block I had to remove the heat shield hold down bolt which also secures the spark plug wire holder and the temp sensor wire holder. The holder for the temp sensor wire was not oriented properly and was blocking the hole for the oil dipstick tube.

The carb is now secured with the throttle connected. I used tower clamps on the upper and lower radiator hoses as well as the spark arrester hose. The antenna showed up while working on the pickup today, but the grommet broke when removing the old antenna cable. The hunt for the grommet begins.
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote