View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 08:24 PM   #25
Sheepdip

Re: Remote Control Battery Disconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
I used to watch video feeds of parking lots after a car theft to see what happened. The real thieves don't hotwire a car or even get in it. They pull up in an unmarked tow truck (and no license plates), floor jacks, and tow dollies. Some cars can be towed with just the tow truck sling. It takes them less than 2 minutes to take any vehicle and many vehicles are way less than that. It depends on how the drive wheels are placed. If they can get to the drive wheels easily, piece of cake. If they cant access them easily (rear-wheel drive vehicle backed in and no back access) it's a little harder - takes floor jacks and dollies or now certain dollies don't need jacks to lift the car up. Sometimes they will hook up and drag the drive wheels out so they can get to them easier. Any way you do it, 2 minutes max. Some of these guys would take a car and then come back 10 minutes later for more in the same parking lot. If someone sees them, they usually don't have an issue because the observer thinks it's legit and the car is heading to the shop for repair. The only solution I can think of is to not leave your valuable hotrod out of your sight and have good insurance. Sorry guys.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I Agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote