Thread: Best Fuel Pump
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 12:07 PM   #2
jumpsoffrock

Re: Best Fuel Pump

Unless you want to gut yourself finding something NOS--and even then the diaphragm might be sketchy--you ought to just buy yourself two cheap ones and keep a spare in the truck or at home.

I have found that basically every "basic" part such as fuel/water pumps, radiators, ignition parts etc, are all made in China nowadays, regardless of the price point or claimed quality level( Economy, Standard, Premium, Professional, etc).

I really don't believe any of them are much worse than the rest so I just buy two of each and keep one on hand for quick replacement since my old vehicles are generally my daily driver.

My unnecessary story: I have only taken my old Ford truck(that has a weird engine nobody stocks parts for) out of town twice, and both times I loaded a fully stocked tool chest and basically every part I'd ever need including oil and a filter. That's the price of piece of mind. One of the trips has a 90 mile stretch of road and a sign that says "No service", I really don't want to need a water pump out there...So I had all those basic parts, tools, flashlights, two spare tires, whatever. Made me feel good.

Last edited by jumpsoffrock; 07-24-2022 at 12:12 PM.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote