View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #60
SCOTI

Re: Sandy~~1984 C10 L86/4L80 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957 Chief View Post
Thanks for your kind words brother, I sure know this site has helped me a lot.

THe camshaft is a GPI Stage 3 low lift cam, 223/235 duration .540/.540 valve lift and 114+4 lobe separation. We have a built 4L80E with a 3200 stall and the combo flat out works.

Another reason we went with this cam, and a thicker head gasket, is that a blower is planned on down the line, and we didn't want to tie our hands with compression ratio or camshaft.

The motor is a standard bore 6.2 with Compstar rods and Mahle pistons, was a good foundation for making power now, and later, with a power adder on down the line.

Ive done many LS swaps on these trucks, but this is my first start to finish LT build. Its def not for the faint of heart, because just about everything is different between the two engine platforms. And the aftermarket support just isn't there yet, like it is with the LS platform.

And yet I'm looking to put an L86/10spd into an 86 now....

If anyone has questions, hit me up.

Bubba
TY for the info.

I know I'm among the few, but I just don't care for the added complexity the 6/8/10spd autos bring to the table. I'll take a 4l80e any day of the week & live just fine.

Same on the can choice.... Jeez some of the aftermarket stuff seems like it kills the efficiency benefit of the late model combo all in the name of full time big power. I'd prefer a mild bump in power w/minimal or no loss in efficiency.

Was the piston/rod upgrade needed for targeted compression needs or ??
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote