View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 10:23 AM   #62
SCOTI

Re: Sandy~~1984 C10 L86/4L80 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957 Chief View Post
Rob, PM me your phone number when you can. Id like to share some things with you.

I can see your point on the diff offerings of the transmissions. However the 6L transmissions have come a long way in regards to performance, and the 8-10's are close behind.

What I did learn from this whole experience, is the vacuum signal with the LT motors is WAY different than LS motors. With the direct injection the fuel is squirted into the cylinder versus in the intake runner. Normal injectors increase the Venturi effect in the runners versus the DI motors. Hence the reason GM put the vacuum pumps on the truck motors.

As far as the piston/rod combo, we found a short block that already was built with them in it. Kinda a "peace of mind" when it comes to later performance increases. The factory combo would have done just fine with the performance we have now, however knowing what we could do/might do down the line, it was a calculated decision.

Bubba
TY for the insight/answers.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote