View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 10:59 AM   #6
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Didn't realize this after the drop but I was looking at the picture above a bit more closely after posting. Turns out that my exhaust pipe was sandwiched nicely between the bed,axle and brake line. Another great reason I'm glad I started this thread. Helps for things like that.

While someone was once quoted to have said about me: "The idiot that had it before you takes brand new trucks, crops springs and cuts off the exhaust and calls it bad ass. guy is a total joke!" While I don't fully 100% agree with that statement, in this situation I did find it necessary to go ahead and chop off the exhaust to help with fitment. I actually prefer pipes coming out right before the rear wheel at a 45* so I may try and figure out that in the future. For now though I needed to trim the pipes before the axle and will add some turn downs I picked up.

I also gained another 1/2" or so of rear drop with the pipes out of the way

Still need to finish removing the cut bump stop rivets but plan to do that when I'm back under there for the shocks and re-torqueing everything after putting a couple miles on the turck with the drop. Will probably wire brush some things while I'm under there as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by airspeed247; 08-06-2022 at 11:19 AM.
airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote