View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 06:10 PM   #1540
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Here's the status of the apparatus. Carb leak was a pinched o ring, fixed. Also replaced the accelerator pump since I thought it was the source. Oh well, only $10. I had a fan controller here but my fans were basically all ready to go except for the temp switch. I used the one I had but it runs up way too high before kicking on so I'm going to change it. Installed a relay for the fuel pump so it's on with the key now. Installed the new brake switch that also controls the torque converter lock up. If I haven't mentioned it, I hate working under the dash even more than I hate sanding. I can't really tell if it's locking up or not without a tach.

I have a new tach and I think I might try and get it in yet today. Other stuff left to do, try and make a mount for the pressure regulator, clean up wiring, replace collector gaskets, strip, powder coat and install new valve covers, drive and enjoy.

It's a burnout machine now. Like I thought I broke the speedometer kind of burnouts. It's quick and I think it's going to get terrible gas mileage and go through tires. Lol
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote