View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #38
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Thanks to Corts input I ran over to NAPA and picked up a new transmission vacuum modulator. I assumed mine still worked but was just disconnected but I figured it was cheap insurance to just go ahead and replace it. NAPA had a made in USA one and I replaced some of the hose and added hose clamps so hopefully I don't run into the issue again.

Took it out and immediately noticed not only that it shifted again! but also did so ALOT smoother than with the old one in. The old one had a noticeable harder hitting shift and this one is super smooth. It's possible the other one was adjusted that way as it was also adjustable but I like how it is now.

Really surprised one small part like that could throw off shifting completely. Also shows how simple things can be sometimes.

I will note that when I replaced mine a good amount of transmission fluid came out so I swapped them fast to help mitigate that. I've seen post where no fluid came out for people and others where alot did. Just wanted to note that.

Pictures are of before and after. I tossed a zip tie up there so that it wouldn't flop around as much or rest on the header.

Took the 2 year old out and we finally got to get a good ride in today.

One thing I did notice is that my rear passenger side bottoms out alot. Wasn't expecting that based off what I've seen on this drop setup but it's extremely likely due to my torched rear leafs. I'm thinking replacement ones will not only lift it slightly but give me the correct spring rate again which should fix the issue. May also just add a C notch while I'm at it but we will see.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote