View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 11:37 PM   #9
mr.mud1

Re: Hoping for help with A/C Bracket Problem..

it looks like,unless i'm not seeing it correctly,in the first picture,the mount bracket appears to be flush to the exhaust manifold and in the picture of the same bracket on the new engine,looks like a hex head on the stud between the mount bracket and the manifold,making it to where it won't line up for the next bracket to attach,although i just went to the shop to look at my 67 Impala wagon with a 327 and A/C.it has a similiar stud with a hex head,not a spacer so you can tighten the manifold before attaching the mount bracket,but no spacer on the rear bolt on the mount.ii took a picture of mine but too hard to see it with the compressor in the way.in your picture of the old motor,that first bolt through the bracket and manifold is a bolt,not a stud,then a stud with the hex on it,on the new engine. also what about that bracket across the front of the head,at that uppermost bolt hole in the bracket,there isn't a hole in the head to bolt it to?there woundn't have been a threaded hole in the head on the old motor either at that location?

Last edited by mr.mud1; 08-14-2022 at 11:48 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote