View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 09:49 PM   #8

Re: Bolt-in frame stiffener enough?

If this is the direction u want to go then either pb or tin works are the way to go.you need to tell us more about the whole suspension set up u plan to have . This is but 1 piece in the puzzle. The summit 1 will give you some benefit but not like the other 2. I have the tin works version and I can say it is very well made. His is designed as a bolt in due to a lot of people not have the skills or just no having a welder to weld in. I mounted mine by using the corners to bolt it n then welded the outer rail that fits inside the frame in. It was welded in n spots and not the whole length. Couldn’t see a need to unbolt it, so I thought this would help with flex as well. What you can’t see in pics on his site is each outer rail has an access panel bolted on. You could put your fuel filter setup behind it giving you direct access and not worrying about something from the rd hitting it. His tranny crossmember adjust so if u want to change out trannys n the future, it takes some of the hassle out. With Labor Day coming up I would suggest that u wait and check back on his site as he usually runs a sale about that time. You haven’t said much on the rest of the setup but if you are gonna do some auto crossing, u will need a better set of trailing arms than what came from the factory. Also….u can’t run long tube headers with a set up like this. They won’t line up with the holes for exhaust in stiffener and they will come close to touching it so there isn’t room for a flex pipe to make it work.
I hope this helps and good luck on your project.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote