View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 03:15 PM   #1907
youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

So I had been chasing a host of trans issues since July. I can say it is FINALLY fixed. What was a cut/broken wire in one of the 13 LS ECU wires for the trans caused issues that were hard to pinpoint. It was throwing random open electrical trans codes. I bet I drained the trans fluid a total of 5 times fixing and trouble shooting. I replaced both 1-2 shift solenoids.

This truck, for I don't know how long (probably from day one) was starting off in 2 gear due to the trans being in limp mode. It didn't drive terrible. Also in limp mode it prevents it from going into OD.

Once I repaired the wire, the truck was much more responsive starting off in 1st (who knew...ha ha). I can now do burn outs. During a test drive I noticed that once the trans went into OD with the TC locked there was too much timing (at lower speeds) in the tune and you could hear detonation. I took it back to the tuner to tweak the tune and adjust shift points slightly.

This last step from the tuner identified that I incorrectly wired in the brake switch to unlock the TC once I hit the brakes. Only an issue now that OD works and the TC engages.

THIS THING RIPS NOW....so much more fun to drive. It is louder as it accelerates in 1st and the RMP's come up. Also in OD it is so quiet and smooth.

We are hitting up a cars and coffee about 1:25 minutes from home on Saturday. I also plan to attend the C10 Nats in Nashville at the end of this month.

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote