View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 09:44 AM   #30
landarts
landarts

Re: 70 K10 the Teal Deal

A few weeks ago I started on tearing down the seat and seeing what was needed to get it back looking good and matching up with the Saddle items in the truck. Tore it down and tossed the old seat cover in the trash. Removed the foam top and bottom which were in great shape and cleaned them with the shop vac and used a high-pressure air nozzle to get it clean. Made a few foam repairs on the driver's edge and trimmed it up with a turkey electric knife to match the contour. Stripped the frame down the best I could with a brass wire wheel on an angle grinder. Primmed and painted the frame with some satin black.

Had a few spots on the driver's side where someone made a repair to the springs where one was broken. I removed the broken spring and pulled one from a scrap seat I have and replace it. There was also another spring that was broken about half an inch from where it attaches to the slot in the frame, just cut that off and bent it, and welded it back to the frame slot. I also added a few thin metal bar stock pieces weaved in and out of the top springs to help distribute the weight. Finished up by wrapping everything in cotton batting.

Started putting the cover on the bottom and did a few tacks with the hog rings and noticed that the end corners were not as full as I would like. So I cut off a few hog rings and ordered up some additional foam to fill the corners. Once that gets here I can wrap up the seat and get it back into the truck. Need to address getting the seat belts cleaned up and on plastic buckle replaced or paint another black one I have to match the other Saddle ones.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote