View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM   #7
MikeB

Re: 67-72 power vs. manual brake pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Just bolted everything from a power brake truck and called it good. Got everything from the wrecking yard on the firewall including the prop valve and lines. Bolted it up spliced the brake lines and never had any issues. This was about 40 years ago.
I did the same to my 69 in the mid-90s. I still use the 71-72 factory booster, which got a new diaphragm back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Boggles my mind that every now and then this issue comes up with guys having all these issues.
I've had my truck for 30+ years and was simply looking for a way to lower the pedal height a little, just as GM did with power brake cars back then.

Being 6'2" tall, my right knee is already bent quite a bit with my foot on the accelerator pedal. And I have to pull that leg up even more to step on the brake pedal. A couple years ago I was able to shorten the steering column by 1-inch to move it farther away from my body. Even that little bit helped, so now I'm looking to do the same with the brake pedal.

If that "boggles your mind", then move on to the next thread! Maybe you can find one where no mods are involved.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote