View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 09:43 PM   #299
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Anybody else see the episode of Malcolm in the middle where Hal goes to change the light bulb and ends up pulling the motor on his car? I can relate to that.
The latest big project started about three months ago it was supposed to be just upgrading the passenger door latch so it closed without slamming it and actually stayed shut. That turned into, well while the window is out for access it would be a good time to put power windows in. That turned into while the doors are empty I should order window and door seals. Now would be a good time to paint the inside of the doors. Can't get the front side very well with the hinges in the way. Easiest would be to pull the doors. Really need to do something with the inside is the cab. The original paint was covered very poorly with some tealish colored stuff that was peeling everywhere and most likely contained lead. If the doors are off anyway now would be the time to paint the inside. Before I paint the inside I need to fix the holes in the firewall. Cant really do that with the cab on. Well crap. Time to quit putting it off.
12 bolts, the hood, shift, throttle and steering linkage and gravity is all the holds the cab on. 2 hours and an overhead hoist later and I suddenly have a ton of work to do before I can drive it again lol
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote