View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 12:28 AM   #15
xr4tic

Re: Bolt-in frame stiffener enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
What was changed?
Everything, looks like a complete redesign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traut811 View Post
Thanks a bunch for the reply!
I still haven't ordered one yet.
Does it look like HPI still makes them for Summit? Does it still include the motor mount stands? No damage upon arrival?

Please keep in touch when you install, curious how it all works out.
Still includes the motor mounts, I had one bent ear on the very front of the pass side tube-to-frame mount, you can kind of see it in the pic I posted above. The box was very beat up, it's basically just tossed into a box with no protection. Shouldn't be a big deal to bend it back.

Looks like it's still made by HPI, I found this on their IG:
"We’ve completely redesigned our popular 63-72 C10 frame bracing kit to increase floor and transmission clearance, maximize rigidity, and provide easy routing for up to 3.5” exhaust WITHOUT JOINTS that can drop out from underneath, all while tucked up for the guys who want to lay frame!"

They have a new install video for long wheelbase trucks on YT, which is what they redesigned it for. Thankfully, no music playing over the guy talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON7yyIwRcss

I do like that you can install/remove an exhaust without having to feed it through tubes/cutouts but I wonder if any rigidity is lost (they say it's more rigid than the previous version)
xr4tic is offline   Reply With Quote