View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 08:05 PM   #3224
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Long time no see guys! Haven't done much, heck just drove the truck for the 1st time in months yesterday. Nice to just start her up and go :-)

I did get a NOCO GENIUS2D Trickle Charger installed a bit ago (from Amazon), though I primarily didn't go out to get one for the truck but one for my daughter's '69 Austin-Healey Sprite (that is basically a MG Midget). Her car sat so long the battery died... I'd wished she'd get her drivers license already and get it out of my garage. Kids these days LOL

Anyways, I figured if I was going to get her a trickle charger, I'd get one for my truck too. I mounted it on the right side of the battery tray (radiator side of the tray), there was just enough room to get its little mount on the battery tray. It actually ended up being the perfect spot as the wires for the battery and power were just long enough to get where they were needed. Didn't take the little charger very long to switch from pulsing red to solid green for a fully charged battery (its basically brand new). The Sprite, still blinking red after hours - so I am pretty sure the battery is weak (though my big charger said it was fully charged).

If there was one complaint, it is the length of the power cord - it would have been nice if it was double the length. On the Sprite, the battery is up behind the motor on the firewall. So even with taking the charger to the max distance from the battery, the power cable can't reach out to the grill/bumper area. I am going to need to make a power cable extender so we don't have to open the hood to hook up the charger.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 09-19-2022 at 08:11 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote