View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 10:44 PM   #913
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I MADE FLAT RATE TODAY!

Yesterday I noticed something shiny hanging off the front of the WMB. Closer inspection revealed I had lost a bolt from the sway bar mounting strap. I started to reshape the strap when it dawned on me I might have a spare strap. After a bit of scrounging around the shop I located a similar replacement strap.(Photo #2)

The replacement strap doesn't have any provision for greasing the bushing. So I cut the little nub off the bushing (Circled in photo #3) and drilled a hole in the strap on the front side so I can use a U-joint grease gun adapter. (Arrow in photo #3)

The original mounts had zerks in the lowest part and I kept tearing them off on parking curbs. This should work better.

I believe the reason the bolt fell out was the cheesy washers the mounts came with. Going back together I used heavy duty washers and nylock nuts. That should cure any future problems. I will do the same to the other side after a trip to the hardware store to get some more 1" bolts.

Anyway it was under an hour to get the repair done.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote