View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #3437
KW5413

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
I saw a B-1 at an airshow parked on the ramp at DMAFB. The nose art was a Red Car. Her name was ''Christine.''
I was stationed at DMAFB during the SAC days (Mid 70s). I really enjoyed my time in both USAF and civilian days. Well, except when my '70 Mach 1 floated a valve cursing down the Ajo Highway at 75 MPH.

Took almost a month to find a 351 Cleveland in Arizona. Finally found a wrecked '71 cougar in Phoenix that had one.

But, on to trucks. When I bought my C10 the previous owner put the battery under the bed. What a pain on the B U Tocks. Dealing with some ongoing wiring issues we had crawl under the truck to drop the battery in order to disconnect it. I would NEVER recommend that placement for the battery.

Since there isn't much original about this truck I elected to put a below rail bed box in the truck and move the battery inside the box. Keeping the engine bay battery free. I often drive the truck in a 100-mile radius. Super easy battery access and now have a place to keep tools and cleaning materials.

Will post pictures later.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote