View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 06:54 AM   #149
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Improvise adapt overcome
Ha Ha, that's great! Reminds me of the stupid air filter housing on my push mower. The cover didn't click on well and liked to fall off while mowing. One time I didn't noticed and ran it over along with the filter. To finish mowing (and a few more mows) I cut a piece of screen out, put a rag over it, and zip-tied it on. I bought a new cover that fits worse. It is now screwed in place.

Also reminds me of my rolling trash bin. It's from when I moved here in '87 and been through two company acquisitions (new stickers) a I also changed companies once. I could ask this company for a new bin but the old ones are larger, and now it has become an endurance test.

They've banged it down on the pavement so hard on an angle the axle has popped off several times. I fix it. Then a wheel broke, I replaced them. They broke those wheels, so I put pneumatics on. I got tired of the axle popping out, so I bolted blocks across to prevent it. People are out restoring 1987 Chevy trucks and I'm still daily (weekly) driving my '87 trash bin. It's also worn through the bottom front from 35 years of dragging. I am known to load it up. They have a hoist and I have unlimited service. They've never complained about my construction debris I've filtered through my curbside pickup. I have ideas for the worn bottom but lately I've been wondering if I should just ask for a new bin. In the meantime I don't throw anything in loose I don't want laying in my driveway. I'll throw a pizza box or other cardboard in first.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-04-2022 at 07:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote