View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 10:48 PM   #249
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

I needed to get the front wheels back on so I can get to the next thing. Unfortunately, I found a mistake I made. When I test fit the front brake clearance to the wheels, I didn't have the brake pads installed. Now that they are installed, the caliper is fully extended. With the caliper fully extended, it ended up rubbing the wheel. I made a quick decision to just go ahead and grind the clearance I needed to make it work. I was so mad I forgot to take any photos of the work. After everything fit, I used the POR15 chassis black to cover the area that I had to grind. It turned out pretty good, good enough to live behind a rally wheel.

The last thing I need to wrap up on the front end is securing the front brake flex lines. I found a really nice magnetic clips from Mr. Gasket. I ended placing them under the top side of the spindle. The clips rotate about the magnet, which allows the flex lines just enough movement without getting bound up while steering. I like that they aren't visible too. Time to get rolling again...

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote