Thread: 55.2-59 Wood bed finish
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 10:57 AM   #22
dsraven

Re: Wood bed finish

I have trex on my deck outside the house in Calgary Alberta Canada. it gets over 30C here in the summer and below -30C here in the winter. it is a dry climate at 4500ft above sea level. we get all the weather types, rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind and sun. I am done resurfacing wooden decks so my deck is trex. it is about 18 years old and the only thing I have ever done to it is power wash it in the spring. wintertime it gets shovelled off with a plastic shovel so it sees sun all year. yes, it is a bit faded and I have thought a quick coat of something for plastic may help but that would also make it slippery when wet. if i was gonna use a wood look for my truck bed I would use trex. this is the total reason why my truck has a steel floor from a donor. my boat has a teak swim platform and I have to sand it down every year and rub the oil on. no kidding, the teak is grey in the span of a summer in the sun even though it gets UV rated teak oil from the boat store. I get frustrated with the teak to the point of thinking about making a fiberglass platforn for it.
to each their own, if you like wood then go for the wood but plan to spend a bunch of time every year redoing it.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote