View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 12:35 PM   #16
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Flowmaster vs Magnaflow

having played the exhaust game for years, you can make anything sound anyway you want, don't go by what you hear on YouTube, computer speakers are different, headphones are different, iPhones are different

if you compare Vortec engines of native Vortec trucks they sound the way they sound because the mufflers sit behind the catalyitic converter and that makes a huge difference in the sound, one that is very difficult to replicate simply by using resonators, so keep that in mind, you may need to run a cat on your old rig to get the rumble sound

I personally could never tune out the drone out of my Flowmaster 40 series on my '74 and they were so loud (true dual exhaust) that my daughter would not want to ride in the truck with me

and forget about dropping the exhaust in front of the rear axle with the Flowmasters, your head will explode from that pavement pounding, ha ha

I would recommend a dime a dozen turbo mufflers and if you go dual and get the small ones they will surprise you how good they will sound at the fraction of the cost
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote