View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #169
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

A great update!… I am unofficially able to drive it! I was blessed to be able to get BOTH…yes both the exhaust and the alignment completed on the Wednesday before thanksgiving. I trailered the truck to the exhaust shop, while there, I thought “well maybe” the alignment place is not too busy as well… so a quick call to them & I was able to schedule the truck for alignment right after the exhaust was done… both places were about 2 blks apart. Once both those items were checked off the “to do” list my buddy said ”well… why don’t you just go ahead and drive it home and I will follow behind you”. I was nervous, since the truck had not really been driven before, mainly just started a few times and a quick jaunt around the block. Well I was able to drive it home with no problems, except for no vital readings as the Dakota digital dash is still a work in progress (more on that later). I am ecstatic to report that the truck drove pretty good & it was a nice surprise to make it without any issues. There are still A LOT of little things to work out, but overall, it did pretty good.
Pics of the trip to the muffler shop & then a obligatory picture of the exhaust tip
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote