View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 03:14 AM   #3
rico_bob
"Treasure the Ride"

Talking Martz Chassis Engineering - Bedford, Pennsylvania

Hello Shaggy! Yep, It is happening and I am excited, especially since my wife is in agreement with me on this one!

Going to go with Gary Martz' IFS for 55-59's. I had looked and compared for nearly a year before making up my mind on who to buy from. There are several ways to go on an IFS.

Way back in 1986, I was convinced that the Volarie/Aspen/Diplomat clip was the greatest thing going. I did not like the fact that the Camero/Nova clip installation required you to "chop" your truck in half. (Once it's done it is done!)

So, for too many years, I used to lug around a Volarie subframe everytime I moved the truck (4 count 'em -- four times!). Them sucker's are HEAVY !

My truck has been in storage since 1987 (and too many places to count). Finally, I now am buying a house with a 2-1/2 car garage and I have room to work on it again (after nearly 16 years!).

AND I AM LOVIMG IT! So once again, after looking hard and long at the options, I chose to go with a M-II Clone IFS. Consider that the M-II crossmember has had almost twenty years of applications from Street Rods to Nova-II's, and lots of guys have spent hours and years getting the engineering and geometry right ... So an M-II clone was my IFS of choice this time. (I never did install the Volarie clip -- left it in the last old barn in Mt. Pleasant, MI -- come get it for free?).

The other reason I selected Martz Chassis Engineering, was that Gary is extreemly qualified! Did anyone ever here of this guy Martz? He was on the race circuit for many, many years and has raced in some big races. He also built race chassis for some of the top race car drivers in the business for years.

And talk about a special guy, Gary - get this now .. not only was EXTREEMLY helpful by email correspondence, BUT ... He called me on the phone one day and says ... "Hi this is Gary". just to tell me about his company, the IFS he sells, and go over the details with me! NOW that is why you shop around!

Well, I am so excited to be going forward with the IFS. It will be a full "Hub-to-Hub" (Gary does sell the M-II crossmembers and parts if you like piece meal your money out). I elected to go whole HAM here. The IFS will have coil overs, power rack & pinion steering, and GM calipers and 11" rotors, so I can run Chevy wheel patterns (all "new" parts - no recycled junk yard dogs!)

So gang... That is what I am doing lately. What are the rest of you "truck nuts" up to? Check in and let's "parley" once in a while, alright? Man this place is nearly DEAD! Shaggy we need more "Truck Nuts" in the mid to late fifties like me (yep, I am getting up there!) LOL.

Want to check out Martz CE? Go to his web site, then request his "free" catalog, as the IFS's for pickups are in the catalog and may not be listed or shown on his web pages. Go to: http://www.martzchassis.net

It's been great to have something to share here. Keep in touch. And don' t forget members ... I am selling truck parts now also. BYE!
rico_bob

Trucks: '56 SWB; '57 SWB; '63 C-10
Current projects: 1963 Long Fleetside for the wife!
'56 for the daughter.
Visit us at: www.ricos-rods-and-relics.com

Last edited by rico_bob; 07-21-2002 at 07:45 PM.
rico_bob is offline   Reply With Quote