View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 10:53 PM   #3
bandit0067

Re: 5.3 with DFM, should I buy or pass......

Thanks Ls, my current truck is a 69 GMC my Dad bought brand new in 69. Been a GM guy myself for over 45 years. I remember GMs venture into dropping off cylinders back in the eighties and it was a disaster. I think current LS series engines are a great evolution of the small block. Just at the moment I am very cautious about getting a truck with DFM and wondering if I do and have problems someday can that be easily bypassed and continue to use the truck. I have learned that due to a computer chip shortage GM made lots of trucks for 21 and 22 without DFM......true or not true. I thinking a may need to pass on this one. Thanks for the info on the transmission as I am truly ignorant on those 8 and 10 speeds also, so will look for a 10 speed model. I don't really want or need a 4wd as I remember that alone cost more when repairs needed. I don't do off road and we rarely have weather that calls for 4wd. BUT, there seems to be an awful lot of them in my price range at the dealerships in my area. Im retired and do not do much driving as I use and the plan is for this to be my last truck.
bandit0067 is offline   Reply With Quote