Thread: 47-59 How low can you go
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 06:10 PM   #6
dsraven

Re: How low can you go

how low you can go is also determined by how long your vehicle is. I would say the height of the average speed bump is about 4 inches and some goofs have them at 6 inches. some are also fairly long.
I would grab a short piece of 2x6 lumber, a bleach jug or something that is close to 6 inches tall, stand it on the skinny side (if youre using the 2x6)or the 6 inch tall side, whatever, and see if you can drive over it slowly without it bumping on anything. if it (the 2x6) gets bumped over then your vehicle is low enough to drag on some of those goofy bumps. if you aren't to the driving stage yet then simply get the vehicle down on the rubber, attach a rope or something to the block so you can drag it along and slide it across under the lowest part of the vehicle and/or the midpoint between the wheels as that is the high centre point to watch out for.
how low do you wanna go?
another thing to watch for is that the body parts along the middle area are slightly taller than the frame, or fab up some frame sliders, so if you bottom it is the frame that drags and not the body. I did a frame swap and made sure the body is at or above te frame rails just to be sure. rocker panels bend easy, usually.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote