View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #325
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

One of the things that I have been trying to figure out for a while now was how to hook up cruise and more importantly the kickdown cable to the transmission without having all the linkage and cables up on the intake. I had a few different ideas that I had sketched up and laid out over the course of the last year and this is the version that I ended up going with. When I had the cab off this past summer doing the floor, I put three weld nuts in the cab Mount directly in line behind the gas pedal. The idea there was that I could try a couple different arrangements and I'd have an attachment point on the cab without having to permanently attach anything or having to spend the time before I put the cab on to get it worked out. The way it is hooked up from the gas pedal the linkage runs through the firewall down to a bell crank and pushes on the bottom half of it. The top half of the arm pulls back on the carb just like normal. On the bottom half of it there's a push rod that runs from there back under the cab to another Bell crank that I made that has the kickdown linkage and post for the cruise control hooked to it. There is three different attachment points for the pushrod running up to the throttle linkage and where the kickdown linkage attaches is slotted so I've got almost infinite adjustment on how soon and how much it pulls the cable.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote