Thread: 47-59 How low can you go
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 08:17 PM   #15
joedoh

Re: How low can you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
So no one reports about damage from road debris like rocks, tree limbs and other stuff??

I never get the chance to tell this story and i cant resist with such a perfect setup.

i was on my way to my friends dads place in the country for a 4th of july party in my hooper nissan. it had hydraulics on the front and was before I added accumulators so it rode best with no lift, the torsions were turned up just slightly and kept the truck just skipping 1-2" over the pavement.

I had only been there once before, so i was a little unsure on the turn coming up. there was an s10 blazer in front of me doing 10 under the limit but I knew if I passed him I would notice the turn halfway through the pass and have to turn around. I just stayed there for now and tried to press his accelerator with my mind.

while i was concentrating, the blazer now only about 30 ft in front of me, did a lazy little avoidance maneuver, just a little half a juke, and from under his yards of ground clearance passed the biggest, deadest, bloatedest racoon i had ever seen. like I said it was july 4th, so he had been cooking a few days on the road, one arm raised straight up in protest of death.

I didnt even have time to swear, let alone reach down to the center console where the hydraulic switches were. rocky hit the front bumper at 50mph and the truck jumped. banging and thumping ensued as he rolled around under the front suspension, knocking and rattling. a full 5 seconds of it before i hit the switches to raise the front suspension, whereupon he got caught up somewhere in the middle of the truck a while before spitting out the back, scalped by the roll pan and looking nothing like a raccoon any longer.

whoops there is the turn! a half mile on dirt and into the drive, I parked well away from the party and my friend ran out to tell me to come further into the driveway. and stopped. the smell had reached him and he started to retch, waving me to back up even further.

I spent about 40 dollars at the jet wash the next day and left carnage in the drain that would scar a combat vet.

other than that Vin, i have driven impossibly low vehicles for 30+ years and never had a problem

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote