Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 08:33 AM   #155
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

I hope you all had a really nice holiday with friends and family. It was quiet here at my house, but we did have a good time. I have two daughters, one a junior in college and the other a 2nd year grad student getting her PhD and we were lucky enough to have them both home. My older daughter, the PhD student is gone year round so we only really see her for Christmas. The time is cherished for sure.

She was scheduled to fly out today, but she just got a text that her flight was delayed for a full day. Don't tell her I said this, but I'm thrilled to have one extra day with her!!

I did get to spend some time in the shop working on my truck over the weekend. I got the last of the "extra" holes welded closed on the dash. I also stripped about 50% of the black paint off.

My ignition switch will be in the lower dash panel I made, while the lights and wiper switches will go on the larger round holes on the lower part of the dash. I think they were used for the key and starter button originally? At least on my truck that's what was there. The rest of the holes, including the two that were stacked up to the right of the gauges have now been adjusted to be level with the dash and fully welded as well.

The hole here was so large I had to find a washer and drill the center to fit the shaft of the switch, then weld it in place to fill the hole. In the picture you can also see the two raised areas for some other switches from original.

Here is the hole on the right side where the wiper switch is going now. I had to do the same as before, find a washer and drill the center to the right size, then weld in place to fill the larger hole.

Random pics of the dash fully welded and ground smooth.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote