Thread: M22 in 68 c10
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 03:59 PM   #14
CAMAROBOY68SS

Re: M22 in 68 c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Thanks for that. It answers what I wondered about. I'll just make a bolt-in low-hump. Mine is in the V8 position and it will have buddy buckets. I believe I'll need to use the same shifter, unless someone knows a sure fit with a specific shifter. I'm going for an 'as factory" look, too.

I might do something really different, but might be more subtle than I want. It would mean giving up the Hurst shifter (and not sure I'd want to). I have the 4spd shift knob from a Corvair 95 pickup with the pattern. It's the same knob used with truck 4spds and transfer cases. I could fab the lever using a 4spd shifter or t-case shifter. It would be a "Did GM do that?" kind of thing, but I think I'd rather have them asking that about the iconic Hurst shifter
Well for info on the handle, this is for a 55-57 Chevy passenger car, I went this route because I had the handle on hand from my grandmothers 55 Chevy, we swapped the Muncie for a T10 with stock spaghetti linkage.

A more factory looking option that might work is a 68-72 Chevelle bench seat handle. They make the handle thats been converted for a Hurst base, but it will be stamped with the correct "Muncie" on the handle. Its got a pretty good bend in it and should defiantly work in a truck in the V8 location.

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote